2d character creation engine (screens and vids)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build your own spaceship with the various components in the pack
  • So this is the humble beginnings of the engine I've really wanted to be creating in all my unfinished previous work. I was always trying to rush it, though. This is the culmination of everything I learned in those projects, including not trying to rush anything really ambitious.

anywho, for now the plan is for it to be an in-house engine that will export characters to c1 and c2... preinterface prealpha:

Left Click Images to view Videos

skinning, and basic skin deformation

newer skin deformation

• wait so you want to tell me that you can put this in construct?

damn man your too good

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looking super impressive, lucid!

• thanks guys

wait so you want to tell me that you can put this in construct?

yeah, this is actually created in construct. it's the editor version of the plugin. The files it exports will be loaded by the ingame version, which will be the same thing, but stripped down without the editor features, so it will just play and mix animations with commands like the sprite object has

• This is really awesome, lucid!

• Awesome, as always Lucid!

It reminds me of Ubiart, which is great.

Keep it up, can't wait to try it

• So you can copy texture chunks from the backdrop onto morphable polygons and keyframe them with tweening? Looks really awesome.

• damn good work man XD you gonna go into commercial games?

• Awesome, as always Lucid!

It reminds me of Ubiart, which is great.

Keep it up, can't wait to try it

yeah, this was an idea I've had for a while, seeing how good ubiart looked in action was part of the inspiration to take it all the way

So you can copy texture chunks from the backdrop onto morphable polygons and keyframe them with tweening? Looks really awesome.

as I'll show in the next vid, it isn't just like a background image, you can take any number of images, and stretch them or rotate them, and place them, and then rip em out for bone skinning, multiple skins per bone permitted as well, as well as multiple frames per skin. The code is already mostly there, adding some more UI to be able to use it is what I'm working on at the moment. and if you remember all the procedural animation generation and blending I've always started on or talked about, that stuff is in there as well but I finally figured out how to tie it all together in one generalized easy to work with way.

damn good work man XD you gonna go into commercial games?

I sure hope so finishing this project is my first step toward that goal. Then I'm going to make some tech demos, then a level editor that's similarly flexible and organic, and a few levels of a chapter based game. Then the rest I'm hoping will be history

• Thumbs up here Lucid. Awesome work.

• This is a "biggy".

Also, how soon till you have a plug, and where does the waiting line start?

• This is a "biggy".

Also, how soon till you have a plug

at least several months. just because of my dayjob,

[quote:ij662lsd], and where does the waiting line start?

after I release my first game with it. Not only do I want to be able to get my feet firmly into some type of profit off of a game with exclusive tech, so I can escape my mindless dayjob of hatred. Seriously, I would and could make much more cool stuff, commercial and free, if I wasn't trapped there.

I also want to test it for stability and overall awesome perfectness. plus the game'll serve as a demo of what's possible. There's alot of neat stuff planned and half-implemented that will separate this from ubiart and I think all other animators. But it'll be alot more interesting to see than to talk about, so I'll save it for when I have some vids

i do plan for it to be commercial, but well priced, and I'll make sure it's well worth it.

with the editor free to make characters, and save them, and mess around with them and test them, even share them with others who have the editor. but the export to constructable form, and the plugin will be what you pay for

• That looks great, wish you good luck with your game.

• Lucid, that's awesome! I look forward to being able to use this in the future. Character proportion is my biggest issue with art design!

I'm curious, can the model be rotated on the z axis? Even on the 2D plain, it's nice to be able to make a crouching person's knee look like it's bending towards the player. The lack of this is one of the limiting features I've found with other (and more basic) stick-modeling freeware.

• Looks great!

Somepony has a hit on their hands.

...overall awesome perfectness...

When you go pro, don't ever compromise on this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)