A pretty newbish question, but I don't see any button anywhere or option in the array paste thing to load or add the .map file.
So, how do I do that?
You have an action for array to load it from file (see my .cap thing the event on LoadFile button clicked).
To explain more precisely how to load a map from those kind of file :
1. Declare an array and set his size according to the one stored in the file
2. Use action Array.LoadFile (or something like that, i'm not at home so i can't look in construct).
3. Read the array with a for each element loop for example and replace each value of the array by a sprite or a box or what you want.
In a multi-map/level project you surely want to have more than one map file. So to make it a little more dynamic you should create kind of global hash table or ini file that will store the "meta" information for each map :
- Map1 -> Name = "Bidule" (yes i'm french), width = 2345, Height = 876, mapFile = "bidule.map"
- Map2 -> Name = "City Of The Death", width = 5433, Height = 4567, mapFile = "deathcity.map"
So with this information, when you control where your character go you can retrieve all the information needed to load the map using the same layout (so once this "engine" is done if you want to add new map or level you just have to add a line in the hashtable or ini file and create the corresponding map file). I wish i'm clear as i'm not an expert in english language .