Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Yep, that's right. It works fine using System- Scroll to X without MagiCam. Would love to get it working with MagiCam though.

• I think I managed to achieve what you want using a simpler equation. Just use these for the MagiCam position:

Minimap.MapToLayoutX(MouseX("UI") - Minimap.X)
    Minimap.MapToLayoutX(MouseY("UI") - Minimap.Y)[/code:1kihh9jn]
    That worked fine for me.  I couldn't figure out what was going on with the other equation, although I can take a few guesses.  If I have time, I'll take a deeper look into it.

I hope this helps.
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had a feeling there'd be a simpler way to do it. Once I adjust it for the relative position of the minimap to the right hand screen edge, it should work great.

Thanks very much, really appreciate it.

• That grid scrolling is neat, but I wonder, is there a way to setup a grid scroll between 2 layouts? I've been trying on my own but no luck.

• What exactly does "Moving" under "While motion in progress" mean? I assumed it was the obvious, but it doesn't seem to be working how I imagined...

• That grid scrolling is neat, but I wonder, is there a way to setup a grid scroll between 2 layouts? I've been trying on my own but no luck.

There's no way to do that, and I don't think there's any way I could allow it to do that.

What exactly does "Moving" under "While motion in progress" mean? I assumed it was the obvious, but it doesn't seem to be working how I imagined...

If I remember correctly, it registers as true when the camera is transitioning to a new position, not when it's just moving normally.

• I was actually able to get (what on the surface appears to be) a grid scroll between two layouts...

my trials and tribulations are all in this thread:

The only problem is that the camera is a little jerky for some reason.

• If I remember correctly, it registers as true when the camera is transitioning to a new position, not when it's just moving normally.

Oh, okay. Is there any way to tell when it's moving normally then?

• Nice plugin. But just an observation, I've noticed that on my game, (That has pixel graphics, and the sampling is set to "point") there will be pixel offsets for those sprites and tiles, which make the game look weird at times, with the player shifting up and down pixels when the camera is smoothing in on him when standing still. Do you have plans to fix this? Its not too much of a big deal, but can look bad at times, depending on how my tilesets look. On smoother looking graphics, with sampling set to linear however, they look fine.

• Melodious, have you tried setting the position precision of the camera to "Integer"? If not, you can do that through the "Set position precision" action under "Misc." That setting is designed for games with pixel graphics.

If you're already doing that, I'd like to see a simple CAP file demonstrating what you're talking about. This will help me fix it if need be.

I hope that helps.

• Melodious, have you tried setting the position precision of the camera to "Integer"? If not, you can do that through the "Set position precision" action under "Misc." That setting is designed for games with pixel graphics.

If you're already doing that, I'd like to see a simple CAP file demonstrating what you're talking about. This will help me fix it if need be.

I hope that helps.

Oh, didn't try that, it worked! Thanks a lot, glad to get that out of the way.

• On grid scrolling, when you pause it, it pauses the music. Is it possible to have it not pause the music but pause everything else.

• On grid scrolling, when you pause it, it pauses the music. Is it possible to have it not pause the music but pause everything else.

Have you unchecked "Timescale audio" in the XAudio2 properties? All my plugin does is set the timescale to 0, so it should work like that.

• Is it possible to zoom AND move towards an objects at the same time, in 1-, 2- or 3000 ms?

Right now I only can make it do either one, followed by the other one. I would like to see it moving and zooming simultaneously, in about 2000 ms.

edit: 2 more questions

2- If you would want to always show something on screen (for example a healthbar), when the Magicam is zooming. How do you do that?

3- I would like to see the condition "when motion has stopped". Is that possible?

• I have a problem with "Shake Camera". I have it shake at ANY magnitude and it goes fucking NUTS. But when I have smoothness set to 100 AND NOTHING ELSE, it doesn't do ANYTHING.

What do I have to do to get it working? (I wont upload a cap, as I am working on a closed project, but an example would be nice )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)