z axis?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hey all, i'm trying to make a dungeon crawl top down game. and I want to have the ability to jump on objects. I assume that this is done by z axis. So what I have done so far is on start of layout all objects have a set z elevation to 0. when the "Z" Key is pressed the characters z elevation is set to 50, when "Z" key is released character z elevation returns to zero.

However when I press z i cant "jump" on top of objects. Any suggestions or topics I can read?

Thanks all for your time.

• Construct does not consider collisions on the z axis, as it is geared for 2D and objects are flat. You'll have to do that manually.

• oh ok, i was thinking that, so i do that in python correct?

• no

events should be more than adequate.

• Well, i had come close to getting it and setting all objects at 0 z, then when z key is pressed player z axis is like 50. however I can get the character to flash on top of an object for a second, and then he flashes off instead of staying on top. does anyone know how i would set this up to work correctly?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, i had come close to getting it and setting all objects at 0 z, then when z key is pressed player z axis is like 50. however I can get the character to flash on top of an object for a second, and then he flashes off instead of staying on top. does anyone know how i would set this up to work correctly?

[quote:3e56o9dk]when "Z" key is released character z elevation returns to zero.

Might check to see if 3d layering is enabled.

But I suspect its in the second quote.

• [quote:2mbsjgz0]Might check to see if 3d layering is enabled.

But I suspect its in the second quote.

Where do I find the option of 3d laying, I am looking around but can't seem to find it.

*Edit*

nvm, lol i found it, had to actually click on the layer...blonde moment.

*Edit*

hmmm, still having problems. character isn't able to overlap object for some reason.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)