webcam obj

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • Hi to all, im new here at the scirra construct software but its close to multimedia fusion 2.

I try to use the webcam obj, but he stay black when i run this obj someone know how to use the webcam obj?

• I just tried it, I had to add the condition "On start of layout" and action "Webcam > Set Previewing > Yes" before it would show a live feed. Otherwise it just shows a snapshot when the program starts.

• tha dont work i think its some bugs... i have tried that but with my computer, laptop that dont want to work..

first screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/f/36/constructerr001.jpg/

AND this is what really happends when i try to use the webcam obj, this obj launch a menu who show me the webcam of my laptop, but that dont work...i have tryed everything...but nothing work.

http://imageshack.us/f/27/constructerr002.jpg/

My laptop is completly new, with windows 7 64bits, 6gb ram 2gb graphic card and a 4core 2.9cpu i7, the webcam is acer crystal eye HD.

• Ahh, if that dialog pops up then it thinks another program is already using your webcam, or can't detect it. I'm not sure how to fix that sadly

I notice the program has a grey background, is it an application project? I've not tried webcam with one and it may be that the plugin uses Direct-X to render.

• Yes its an app i try to put in place but like you see its allways not working...:s and that the same problem with DirectX game... nothing work for this extension...

• I was wondering how to use this...

• So maybe its important for the developers and the community to completly check this extension, THANKS.

• So maybe its important for the developers and the community to completly check this extension, THANKS.

Sadly, I think you're one of the only people having this problem, making it a hardware problem rather than a software problem. However, to test this could you please run these cap files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4714446/WebcamApp.cap and http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4714446/WebcamDirectX.cap

If it doesn't run for you, it is probably your hardware that is causing the problem.

• No its not my material like i said its a COMPLETELY NEW LAPTOP, its impossible, its in this plugin something is wrong because instead using the webcam this software call the software of the webcam and that cant work... the developers have to check the screenshots i put in this forum.

Its in your code, because its a NEW LAPTOP, so that mean your plugin dont reconize the news webcams include with laptops.

imagine someone who buy a new computer; for example me, my laptop have now 4days, its new, and you tell to the people, its not our software its your laptop....

crazy....

• No its not my material like i said its a COMPLETELY NEW LAPTOP, its impossible, its in this plugin something is wrong because instead using the webcam this software call the software of the webcam and that cant work... the developers have to check the screenshots i put in this forum.

Its in your code, because its a NEW LAPTOP, so that mean your plugin dont reconize the news webcams include with laptops.

It is possible, in fact, it could be because it's brand new that it isn't supported yet. The plugin may rely on a library that needs updating for the new technology, or a new standard that didnt' exist when it was made.

imagine someone who buy a new computer; for example me, my laptop have now 4days, its new, and you tell to the people, its not our software its your laptop....

crazy....

Sadly, it's not crazy. When companies don't conform to standards (like NVidia removing support for an old graphics library in newer cards, totally wiping the possibilty to run Windows 98/95 games), people lose out.

Try another webcam, maybe a USB one that you (or a friend) has around.

However, if you feel that a Construct Classic developer is needed to fix this, try sending a PM to R0J0hound or Lucid about it. They are two programmers developing Construct Classic at the moment. I'd gladly try and help if I knew how to make plugins, but I won't have time to learn how until I finish my exams

Edit: Also, knowing that your device is an integrated laptop webcam. I had the same problem with another program I made in VB.Net using a webcam (the grey "choose webcam" screen, however, the webcam worked with Dell's propietary software).

The only solution that worked 100% was buying a USB webcam. I think integrated webcams probably just generally break standards so that people have to rely on the providers drivers and webcam programs.

• Thanks for the information, im going to send a pm to R0J0hound and Lucid

• You should probably update directx9, and your camera drivers, before you start handing out "crazy".... we're all full up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi newt; i have done all of that of course; last directx, last drivers for all the components in my laptop, all the updates are done, the last ati drivers are in place, webcam, micro, speakers etc etc, so....

• Well if your sure you have the latest direct9 installed, then you can try to use the directx runtime rather than application.... that might have something to do with it.

• Sorry newt, but if you follow this discution i have tried everything with the webcam obj, app, directx, etc...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)