Uh... my layout editor disappeared?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • I have no idea what happened here, but the layout editor is simply gone. I switched to a new tab for a few minutes and clicked Run All when I came back to test something, and Construct crashed -- after another try I realized it was because the layout isn't there anymore. There's only the event sheet editor, and seemingly no way to get back.

I've looked through every option I can find and I can't seem to bring it up... This is probably something really simple, so forgive me for being so noobish. On the off-chance it isn't, though... Am I screwed?

• Check the minimize/maximize up near the right.

(not the main window)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nope, nothing... If it's hiding, it's hiding extremely well.

• Well, I deleted the PERSIST file and it came back with everything intact -- but now, I can't run it at all. No matter what I do, it simply won't run.

• I have no idea what happened here, but the layout editor is simply gone. I switched to a new tab for a few minutes and clicked Run All when I came back to test something, and Construct crashed -- after another try I realized it was because the layout isn't there anymore. There's only the event sheet editor, and seemingly no way to get back.

I've looked through every option I can find and I can't seem to bring it up... This is probably something really simple, so forgive me for being so noobish. On the off-chance it isn't, though... Am I screwed?

I experience from time to time that the tabs below (to switch between the layout and the event sheet) are simply not drawn when opening a project. Opening another layout or creating a new one and then going back to the one I want to work on, solves this. But this is only a visual issue, the layout is still shown in the Layout folder of the project tab, so this might not be what you experienced.

The persist file has no effect on the integrity of the project. It's just an xml-file containing informations for the editor's layout with the cap it belongs to. If it's missing the default editor's layout is used.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)