Three doubts..

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A slots game template designed to be skin-able for mobile
  • Ok, so I need three things to implement in my new project.

-Balloon Tip

A nice one, not the one included with Construct. I saw one () but I don't understand the events. :/

-Character Creation

Kinda like those in MMOs, with some options for every body part (e.g. 4 types of noses, 6 types of mouths, etc.)

-Motion Blur

Real motion blur, not those trails made with plasma. Like the "Blur X" and "Blur Y" effects, but together, and being disabeled until specified otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

velosotiago

EDIT: Forgot one thing...

-Save and Load feature

Saves every stat in the game (money, exp, etc) and employees (part of the game is about having a store xD)

EDIT2: Forgot ANOTHER thing...

-Simple Inventory

Not like the inventory a character carries, more like a store's inventory (when the char goes out of the store, he doesn't has the items he has in the store)

EDIT3: Interesting how I keep forgeting stuff...

-Dialogue Box

A RPG-alike dialogue box that would appear when talking to someone with scrolling text.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some of those are a bit vague and we won't know exactly how you need them in your game or what you may be thinking of (like with the inventory). What methods have you tried so far?

For saving/loading, the search bar will be quite helpful. This has been discussed many times. For motion blur, Construct has a built in motion blur (which applies to EVERYTHING) and will slow down your game quite a bit (for good reason). Do you want motion blur on only one object?

• I don't need motion blur for my current project... just wanted to know, in case I need it in another (future) project. But yeah, I'd like motion blur on only specified objects, not everything...

As for the inventory, the screen should be somewhat like this:

The items would stack up to 200 (in one inventory slot, and, to stack, the items should be the same).

We could left click any item/stack to pick/drop it from/to the inventory.

Kinda like Minecraft's inventory.

Thanks in advance

• -Character Creation

Kinda like those in MMOs, with some options for every body part (e.g. 4 types of noses, 6 types of mouths, etc.)

Use action points: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/c ... age_Points

-Motion Blur

Real motion blur, not those trails made with plasma. Like the "Blur X" and "Blur Y" effects, but together, and being disabeled until specified otherwise.

Blur motion effect:

-Save and Load feature

Saves every stat in the game (money, exp, etc) and employees (part of the game is about having a store xD)

EDIT2: Forgot ANOTHER thing...

-Simple Inventory

Not like the inventory a character carries, more like a store's inventory (when the char goes out of the store, he doesn't has the items he has in the store)

Use an array, INI, or hash table for saving/inventory.

EDIT3: Interesting how I keep forgeting stuff...

-Dialogue Box

A RPG-alike dialogue box that would appear when talking to someone with scrolling text.

3 options:

Using spritefont:

Using events:

• Using events:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6162

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1995

With all due respect to both our efforts in doing these examples, I do think a more simplistic approach would be better to show here. Easiest way of doing bitmap font imo is to simply use a comparison string (I think that's basically what lucid did in one example before he made the spritefont plugin). Like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/easybitmapfont.cap

It's just one event. Of course it doesn't have anything fancy going on like word wrapping and stuff, but it's pretty easy to grasp.

• someones been playing Recettear i see =)

good idea. theres not many games of this type

• I did played Recettear xD

Tough, I want to make something more... Sim-city alike.

And I know it's gonna be a pain in the butt already :/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)