Sprite mesh distortion problem

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
mesh 3D objects "hemisphere, oval, tunnel and other various shapes."
  • I've got a problem, and I need a quick answer. Are sprite distortions broken in the latest build, or am I doing something wrong? Here are the events:

System: Start of layout

Sprite: Set distort map size to 16, 16

System: For "x" from 0 to 16

System: For "y" from 0 to 16

Sprite: Set displacement at (loopindex("x"), loopindex("y")) to (sin(timer * 0.05 + loopindex("y") * 15) * 0.05, cos(timer* 0.05 + loopindex("x")*1200) * 0.05)[/code:2ppcaqoy]

When I run the .cap, nothing happens. The sprite just sits there perfectly still. I stole the math from David's example:

David's example also doesn't seem to work any more, when I run it the sprite disappears so I can't even tell if it's distorting

Please help! I'm on a deadline, so I need to know if there's a way to make this work or if I should start animating an effect by hand...

• I think they changed the way of representing the coordinates from some units to pixels. Try to remove the 0.05 and see if the effect becomes visible, I think it's that the displacements are currently so small that you can't notice the effect.

• Hot damn! You just saved my ass

Thanks, Drasa!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep, it was changed from texture coordinates (ie. ratios) to pixels, because it's much easier to work out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)