(SOLVED)Crashing when canvas update its collision mask.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Im now Im making worms like world destruction.

My solution is based on ashley's destructible terrain trick.

So previously fired projectile gets removed when it hits canvas and spawns erase sprite. That sprite is pasted on canvas and then canvas updates its collision mask. Everything works with 4-5 first explosions but when canvas prop gets destroyed to about 1/2 its thickness projectiles collides with previously erased parts of canvas , and then crash commits. Im using latest construct version.

• Works OK for me using the latest version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/quickde ... errain.cap

If possible post your .cap so we can see how you've set up your version and to see if it crashes on other machines.

• Unfortunately all my work got lost today So now im making everything from the begining.

It's weird but i cant open .cap You posted, gives me an error about "expecting Clayer"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unfortunately all my work got lost today So now im making everything from the begining.

It's weird but i cant open .cap You posted, gives me an error about "expecting Clayer"

Thats the 2nd of my caps that has happened too you isn't it? Didn't the crappy ragdoll do that?

Don't know what could be causing it

• Most of caps do well, but yes the ones from You gets weird errors. Do You use the svn version of construct? What plugins do You have? Or maybe its language issue?

• Most of caps do well, but yes the ones from You gets weird errors. Do You use the svn version of construct? What plugins do You have? Or maybe its language issue?

Just the normal latest unstable version Ashley posted on the forum.

Both caps only use the plugins or effects that come with Construct. I have others installed but didn't use them on the caps, so it shouldn't be a problem for someone who hasn't installed them.

Strange

• Edit: solved , everything works with newest stable build, thanks Devs!

• this

is

EXACTLY

what i needed. i would never though of using canvas this way. huge thumb up from me guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)