Side Scrolling RTS

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hello,

I was trying to create a side scrolling RTS prototype, but I'm having some trouble with getting it to work. There are two main issues I'm having with it:

1. When you place a waypoint for your units to move to they move to it...but bounce. I believe this has something to do with the fact that I'm using the RTS behavior combined with the Platformer behavior. I'm using the Platformer behavior that way I can use things such as gravity, but I can't find any functionality within it to allow me to do something such as "Move to X value" The only reason the RTS behavior is still there is so I can use the "Move to object" function. If I could make this simpler, I would, I just don't know how.

2. When placing a waypoint on the sloped area it appears to go by the first floor sprite. I think I've somewhere that I need to use things like Sprite[1].X to grab the coordinates of a specific sprite, but I'm not sure how I would detect which sprite you clicked above. I suppose I could run a for loop to compare the x values of the floor sprites and where you clicked. I may have actually solved my own problem for this one.

Anyway, any help to achieve better/smoother looking unit control would be appreciated.

P.S.

For some reason can't attach the file to this post. If you'd like to look at it pm me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, try archiving your cap file in a .rar or .zip format. I'm pretty sure that will work to post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)