Set Attribute in Event

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Sorry if this question has already been answered, it's kinda difficult looking through the forums with the keywords of attributes and events... Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to set the attribute in the event sheet editor? I wanted a dialog box with a platform to appear when they hit a certain point, but having it invisible and as a platform, there's an invisible box in the way. Any ideas?

As a work around, I just dragged it off screen and am forcing an x and y position using the event, but I'd rather not do that.

• Attributes can't be toggled at runtime. Not yet, anyway.

Depending on what you're trying to do though there might be a workaround. What attribute are you trying to toggle? Solid?

• I'm trying to toggle Platform, but if platform is not possible, I could do Solid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, I see. Well, you can't really toggle either one, but you can change the sprite's Collision Mode at runtime with an action. You can switch it between None and Bounding Box or Per Pixel, whichever you need. When it's None you can pass right through it whether it's ticked Solid or Platform or whatever.

• Ahhh, okay... that's pretty interesting... so I guess I can set a condition for the dialog box and a trigger that states "Dialog NOT Visible AND Player overlapping trigger" "Player.collision = None"... I think that'll work, haha. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)