Questions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • 1) Is there any way to check if an object is not on screen? I've tried searching the forums but I can't find an answer.

2) Is there a way to set text so that it shows whether gravity is enabled or not?

• 1) the sprite object has a 'Object is On-Screen?' condition; not sure about other object types.

2) if you mean the gravity checkbox of the physics behavior, then no, there is no expression for that. if you mean the gravity of the platform behavior, then yes, you can get that value with an expression & put it in a textbox. when adding the 'set text' action, double-click the sprite object in question in the bar at the bottom of the dialogue & check out the 'platform' tab to get to the expression.

• 1) Yes, I am aware of the "Object is on screen?" condition for sprite objects, but there is no way to check if a sprite object is NOT on screen?

2) I was using the Physics behavior, so I guess there's no way... But, I could probably set a variable so that 1 is equal to gravity is enabled, and 0 is equal to gravity is disabled. I'll find a work-around then.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• 1) Yes, I am aware of the "Object is on screen?" condition for sprite objects, but there is no way to check if a sprite object is NOT on screen?

Right click, invert condition. Have you tried any tutorials? I think they cover this.

• I never knew invert condition did that -.- Thanks anyway, and sorry for that. I've only viewed one tutorial and I sort of taught myself Construct.

Also, I have this problem with the application icon, when I change it, and I export the game into an exe, the icon is messed up(distorted, slanted, only a part of it is showing etc..). How can I fix it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How strange.. the application icon functionality isn't quite done yet though, so I'd imagine that's why. You can use a resource editor tool like reshack to put in a nicer icon if you want.

• I fixed it now. It seems like it doesn't like some specific image sizes. I had to go with a 150 X 150 pixel picture for it to work.

And btw, great program!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)