Problem with Animations. (Link with .cap)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • I need help with some animations that are giving me troubles.

First, I'm making a platform game (MMX). So, I have this animations (Platform behavior), Stand and Walking. I wanted to add other animation called Dashing, but it gave me troubles since there is not a status in the Sprite (with Platform behavior) called Dashing. (The problem was that it was just playing the first frame of dash animation, instead of doing the whole animation).

So I thought on doing other trick. I created another Sprite object called DashSprite, with just 1 animation (Dashing, of course). So, when the "X" key is pressed, it activates a Flag (called "IsDashing"), then I made an event: ' If IsDashing = 1, Make Invisible MainSprite, and Make Visible DashSprite '; else, ' Make Invisible DashSprite, Make Visible MainSprite '.

It just worked with an angle of 180 (left); 0� angle is not working. It's driving me nuts.

Is there another way to make the animations work well?

Please, I need help.

Thanks,

Carlos.

• Go through the platform school tutotrial it should explain all that stuff.

And whenever you are asking on how to fix something post a .cap file that your working on.

the problem with your first sprite more than likely you were telling it to play continuously so it got the command to play ever tick so it would restart at frame 1 every tick. and the problem of it not mirroring is you dont have mirror sprite on.

• Do NOT use the Platform Behavior on your MegaMan sprite.

Make a plain box sprite the same size as MegaMan. Use that as your Platform Behavior object and collision box. Make it invisible, then place your MegaMan sprite on top of it with events.

Basically, you don't want to use tagged animations for your platform behavior. You will need to make your own events to control the animation of your sprite. My tutorials show you how to do all of that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do NOT use the Platform Behavior on your MegaMan sprite.

Make a plain box sprite the same size as MegaMan. Use that as your Platform Behavior object and collision box. Make it invisible, then place your MegaMan sprite on top of it with events.

Basically, you don't want to use tagged animations for your platform behavior. You will need to make your own events to control the animation of your sprite. My tutorials show you how to do all of that.

I saw the School Platform Tutorial, it explain the Jump,Walk and Falling animation, all of that animations are movements of the Platform object; I want to make a Dash animation, who is not of the predefinied "animations".

And I'm not using the animations as sprites; I did what you told me (the collition box, then place the animation in the same position, and making the collition box invisible; I learned that from my experience of MMF2).

The problem still remain, but I will do what you say; upload the .cap file, just gave me sometime because I'm not in my house hehe. Thanks for answer.

Edit: Link for .cap file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PI8L6CVN

• Hi.

Here's an updated cap that seems to work as you want - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/dash.cap

I've got rid of the Dash sprite and used the Dash animation in the main Megaman sprite. Also added some speed to the X movement so when he dashes he goes faster. Also edited the main image point on the animations as some where centre and others top left.

I've got an example of state based animations on my computer that I'm currently commenting the events thst would nprobably help, i'll try and finish the commenting this week.

Hope it helps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)