Possible Bug? Not exactly sure....

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I have been playing around with the background function and have discovered something unusual. When I layer backgrounds to create the illusion of movement, then attempt to rotate an image on top of them, the first background seems to flash and flicker. This happens less of the rotating object is already moving, but if the object is simply standing still and rotating, it seems to happen a lot. I have included a .cap with an example of what I mean. Try rotating the ship without flying it around, and the background will flicker (provided this isn't some weird problem with my screen). If there is a fix for this im not aware of, please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.2shared.com/file/4813399/b67 ... ement.html

(oh yeah.... press 1 to select a ship, arrow key to move)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First off, your ship wobbles slightly when you rotate it, and that makes the screen scroll very slightly. The hotspot on your ship is off center, if you center it it won't wobble any more.

Second, your Tiled Background textures aren't a power of 2 square. You should go for a texture that's 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc. Since they're not sized properly they don't tile properly when the screen scrolls, as it does ever so slightly because your ship wobbles.

Fix those two things and the flickering will stop. Well... okay, it didn't completely stop 100% for me, but it helped quite a lot. There's still a little hint of a flicker every now and then, but it's not bad, and hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it. Ashley has said there's still work to be done on the Tiled BG so maybe that will help.

Or you could set your filtering to Point and it goes away completely. Since you have such a hi-res game it still looks good with point filtering, imo.

• Ah its to do with hotspots and physics.

When you rotate an object manually and it has physics, the physics notices the objects change in angle and is ment to adjust the angle accordingly...but by the looks of things its getting confused with co-ordinates and stuff and is causing the object to reposition slightly. I'll look into it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)