Possible Bug - Global Variables in Event Sheets

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • I have an Event Sheet called "Player Damage" that runs all the events for when the player gets hit. I also have a global text variable called "gameProgress" that is set to "running" by default, but I want to change to "endGame" when the player gets hit and has no life left. I created the event to test for the proper conditions and added the System action to set the global variable gameProgress to "endgame," and the action didn't show up. I thought maybe the UI was bugging out again, so I saved a new version, closed out the event sheet I was working on, and reopened the event sheet again. The action still wasn't there, so I clicked New Action and added it a second time. It still didn't show up, so I quit Construct and restarted it.

Now my .cap won't open at all. It loads up to %90 and crashes. This happens in both .91 and .92 (I created it in .91). I can post the .cap if necessary.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This bug is fixed for 0.93, and is possibly related. Let me know if it crops up again in the next build.

• Okay, will do. For now I'll just use pvt variables.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)