On Bounce

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Bounce the ball and try to keep it bouncing and prevent it from falling down for as long as you can.
  • In my car game every time it hits the wall I deduct from its top speed due to damage.

The problem is that in a tight hair pin turns you can bounce back and forth so much that the car is wrecked. But If I use the stop command the car stays in contact with the wall and continues to take damage until it can not move.

Any ideas how make this work?

I wish you could control, the amount of bounce and dampen it.

• Only apply the damage while the car is travelling, by checking the velocity.

Should work.

Krush.

• I got this to work but there has to be a better way. I found it my just guessing. Construct was not very intuitive here. It took me 30 minutes of playing. Coding would have taken 30 seconds.

Car On Bounce

Sub-event) Car Is Moving: Car Stop

(Sub-event) Trigger Once: MaxSpeed - Car[Car].MaxSpeed -25

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Car behavior isn't something that people use very often so it may have been a little neglected as far as features go. You're on the right track, though... just keep experimenting until you find what works. Even something as feature-heavy as Platform still needs extra events to add functionality to it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)