Make the mouse click?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Is there a way to make the mouse click once a certain action happens?

• Could you be more specific?

Are you trying to make the mouse click, or do you want something to happen at the mouse location? I think a simulation of the mouse click would be a better choice - I mean, a mouse click is something the user will perform (A character jumping is different than a player pressing the "jump" key )

• I understand what your saying but I mean literally making the mouse click. I'm wondering if its possible at all with any of the non game like objects...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you mean you want to simulate the mouse clicking on it's own, yes you can. You need to set up a new control in the App Properties that uses the mouse button as the control. Then you can use the M&K object to manually set the control state of that control. You can also set the X and Y of the mouse, but you will need the Window object to correct the coordinates.

Here is an example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/529356/Semi%20P ... icking.cap

v0.99.84

I've found a bug here though. apparently capturing the manual control somehow makes the "Click" control I set up not register when the user actually clicks the mouse himself so I had to make a separate event for that. Posting a bug report now...

• Its not opening but I think I get what your saying. I'll probably get it through enough experimentation

• You need to open it with v0.99.84.

• [quote:1vf99tpj]I've found a bug here though. apparently capturing the manual control somehow makes the "Click" control I set up not register when the user actually clicks the mouse himself so I had to make a separate event for that. Posting a bug report now...

You need to click the dropdown and select "Left mouse click". No really, that fixed it. It seems that even though "Left mouse click" is shown as the default for a new custom control, it isn't actually selected by default.

• [quote:2f79rm3m]I've found a bug here though. apparently capturing the manual control somehow makes the "Click" control I set up not register when the user actually clicks the mouse himself so I had to make a separate event for that. Posting a bug report now...

You need to click the dropdown and select "Left mouse click". No really, that fixed it. It seems that even though "Left mouse click" is shown as the default for a new custom control, it isn't actually selected by default.

That's good to know, thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)