List of supported resolutions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • "win32api" is a python library that is included in resolutions.zip that I first posted. When I updated the cap I didn't re-include the python files.

Download the zip then download the updated cap and it should work.

• Ahhh yeah, my bad. Thanks!

So using this, it would be possible for a player to select a resolution from this list, and the game update its display to reflect that decision?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So using this, it would be possible for a player to select a resolution from this list, and the game update its display to reflect that decision?

It is possible to develop exactly that, yes. But the provided script just does the first, most important step for you: It lists resolutions that you can be sure of to be supported as fullscreen modes. All you have to do is this:

1) Offer the player the list to choose one of the resolutions.

2) Set the window to this resolution.

3) Switch fullscreen on.

Of course, you still have to decide what to do with the layout (stretching, black bars, zooming, etc.)

But without that list, you couldn't offer different fullscreen modes at all (apart from the current desktop resolution). So, the most important part is ready to go, but you still have to program all the details.

• Fantastic, thanks! And yeah, I'll have to play around extensively before deciding on how to handle the size increase. Zooming out is the first thing that comes to mind, but I don't want it revealing things that should be out of screen for players with incredibly high resolutions.

Thanks for the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)