How to reference specific objects

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Probably the vaguest topic title ever , but I'm constantly getting this problem.

Whenever I get an object such as bullet , I want it to spawn a glow sprite around it to give it a tracer effect. However , if I do this , it'll follow the bullet , stay , and wait for another bullet . If I increase the firing of the bullet , the light will then quickly move to the last bullet fired after it is destroyed.

What can I add in to the event , so it basically goes "THAT bullet will spawn THIS light and THIS light will follow THAT bullet" instead of " THAT bullet will spawn THIS light and lights will follow bullets"

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use a container chap. Select the bullet, add the glow into its container, this will create and destroy them together, then all you need to do is add a line saying -Always - set glow position bullet.X bullet.Y.

So yeah, you will only need to create and destroy the bullet and it will bring and take the glow with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)