How to do 8 bit style game?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Slot Machine Games. suitable for workers who work from home because it has player names that must be played alternately
  • When people make games that are composed primarily of pixel art, how do they normally set up the display?

I've been messing around with the display resolution and the zoom-- and it looks okay, but with such things as platform behavior-- with the resolution set and also when zoomed in, no objects are "snapping to" the other pixels the way they should-- they just behave like they are objects that aren't only a couple pixels wide...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think there are 3 methods commonly used: zoom, resize window and resize your graphics.

The first method is the best in my opinion (described here), since you have to do nothing else than apply a few Start of layout events. Also it looks right on every machine, while resizing the window with the window object may cause blurriness due to filtering.

That being said, I'm having a bit of trouble to understand the following:

with the resolution set and also when zoomed in, no objects are "snapping to" the other pixels the way they should-- they just behave like they are objects that aren't only a couple pixels wide...

Could you elaborate / show a screenshot of what you mean? I do take it you have your sampling setting set to point in the properties? Default linear setting makes pixelart blurry.

• Hey thanks for that link! I told jamesx to add it to the big example and tutorial thread.

Just ignore that second question-- got things looking beautiful!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)