HI! A music sync question...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Hello, I'm new to Construct, these forums have been amazingly helpful, I know MMF2 so the transition into Construct has been pleasent, it's such an amazing program I look forward to posting up my games for you lot to see.

I want to do this one thing and I don't know if it's possible. I want to shrink and expand a sprite in time with a beat from some music I've made. The track is 120bpm, and if I set the box to shrink and expand every 4 seconds it'll be in time with the music.

I just don't know how to make the box do this, a gradual, but fast shrink and collapse.

Also are there any funky audio things I should be aware of? Can you sync your visuals up with bpm in an efficent way?

I'm a composer btw, got a myspace

Have just recently got into game design but I want to make audio focused games, have been going good so far but this one little bit of help will really open up a whole world for me!!

Thanks in advance!

Mick

• http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=65479

This *might* be what you wanted.

You can use the "timeline" object to schedule events to occur at specific times.

(ignore that first .cap that I posted... you want it set to "always" and not "repeat")

• hmmm well the xaudio object can give you latency and position, which should be enough if you know bpm from before.

I've been thinking about music-based games for a long time now and perhaps it's time to give it a shot. Interested in teamwork?

edit: obligatory .cap: http://www.udec.cl/~jfuente_alba/pulsating.cap

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks a lot guys, I've never seen the timeline object before will have to research it. And the 'pulsating' cap is perfect for my needs so will try decipher it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)