(help)construct app builder tuts

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
City builder
$19.99 USD
Template for city builder, fully documented in comment and video
  • Hello

I am new in using construct.. and I am interested in creating desktop applications with construct (not games) .. I've been looking into every sub forum and I can not find a basic tutorial in making desktop applications with construct such as tutorial .. make "Hello World "etc. ..

Where can I get a basic tutorial computer programming using construct?

thanks..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

In my mind Construct is very game-oriented so not sure it's the best tool to make desktop application.

BUT as it handle the graphical part of making windows, canvas etc... Sure you can use it for desktop applications (yes I say two different things in two sentences hehe). So i've not seen specific tutorials for applications but you can use the one made for games to have some generic mechanics (see this thread for a lot of examples : http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8169).

Make an hello world application is so simple that i think no one has done it (but the ghost shooter tutorial explain how to write texte so). But if you want one :

1) Create a new directx application

2) Right click on the layout and select "Insert an object"

3) Select the text object and add it in the layout

4) Just double click on this text object to edit the content and put "Hello world".

5) Launch the application, it's done.

You can also see some user creations to have examples this one : http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8295 is an array editor that can be used for a lot of things and there's a lot of other ones.

I think the most important thing to begin with construct is to understand how works the events, so you have to see the game tutorials for this even if you don't want to make games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)