Global objects

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Construct (so to speak), and i have a problem that i can't figure out..

I tried to make objects global, what it means to me is that this object will be avaiable for all layouts (for example the keyboard object). I checked in the Global funcition, but it doesn't seem to work without adding the objects to each layouts. And this is what i can't do to add objects to a layout it wasn't created at.

Please help me with this issue Dear Community :)

• Thanks in advance -
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Construct (so to speak), and i have a problem that i can't figure out..

I tried to make objects global, what it means to me is that this object will be avaiable for all layouts (for example the keyboard object). I checked in the Global funcition, but it doesn't seem to work without adding the objects to each layouts. And this is what i can't do to add objects to a layout it wasn't created at.

Please help me with this issue Dear Community :)

- Thanks in advance -

Ticking the global box will mean event sheets can access the object across all layouts. If the object has "Destroy on startup" ticked I think it won't be there on the start of each layout.

Are you using any fade/transitions between layouts? Those also can mess that up.

• Yes, i use transitions. That can be the problem. And the Destroy on startup is not checked.

Thanks for the help. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)