Game = Virus??

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Exactly what I did. It is a global object, and it is on the main menu layout. I have the event: (Trigger Once): Audiere: Load Music (filename) as "Alias"

It is set to repeat on a constant loop at 75% volume. But everytime I go back to the main menu from any other it restarts, i dont want that to happen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Exactly what I did. It is a global object, and it is on the main menu layout. I have the event: (Trigger Once): Audiere: Load Music (filename) as "Alias"

It is set to repeat on a constant loop at 75% volume. But everytime I go back to the main menu from any other it restarts, i dont want that to happen

Hmm, in that case, have a layout before the main menu that starts the music, then never return to it again.

So on this layout it just starts the music, then transfers to the menu.

• I would just store the position of the music track in a global variable on layout switch then retrive it on the next layout

• Urled how would you do that exactly?

• Just as a remainder: Audiere has problems playing mp3s on all systems. Make sure to test on some different systems, before shipping your game.

• Hmm thanks for the warning, I will give it to a few friends to test.

• To be on the safe side you could add both audiere and xaudio to your game and give the player an option to change which audio plugin is used. Would require a bit of finagling to do, but probably worth it if you want to cover all possibilities.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)