Fullscreen stretching - How to avoid?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • As everyone knows on a wide screens for inclusion Fullscreen game stretch. And in this case the object of the game seem broad and not proportional to the original size. How to solve this problem?

• Help me please!! This problem is a big Construct bug, can to avoid him?

• It's not a bug, if you tick "unbounded scrolling" in the layout and change the resizing mode to "show more window content" in the application properties, it will prevent everything looking stretched (this will introduce black borders and increase the view size however).

Either that, or disable manual resizing/the full screen button, and have options for setting the screen size to the exact resolutions you want inside your game, followed by some events to set the screen to those resolutions.

• Jayjay, thanks very much!

• When I put the "unbounded scrolling" in the game there are white bands that interfere with the game. I tried to put the "show more window content" and does not include the "unbounded scrolling" but then the game is stretched. What should I do? Can do for me source code in which there is an implementation of this method?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When I put the "unbounded scrolling" in the game there are white bands that interfere with the game. I tried to put the "show more window content" and does not include the "unbounded scrolling" but then the game is stretched. What should I do? Can do for me source code in which there is an implementation of this method?

The white bands may be intentional, can you put up a screenshot/image of what they look like please?

• Look:

As you can see in the "unbounded scrolling" the player can go beyond the level and the game will be behind him.

• Ah yes, this is the problem I was mentioning that isn't really a bug. To stop it, make boundaries at the edges of the layout that stop the player moving, and also stretch them out to make the boundaries a solid colour (black is probably the usual colour). It'd be good to put these boundaries on a top layer so that nothing goes over them, but also hide & lock the layer while you're working on the game so you can still use the space they take.

I'll post a cap in a couple days if you would like one.

• [quote:vj1cg7dt]I'll post a cap in a couple days if you would like one.

Please, I just do not quite understand what you wrote, because I know English very bad.

• [quote:3b7jy5gj]I'll post a cap in a couple days if you would like one.

Please, I just do not quite understand what you wrote, because I know English very bad.

Ah, I just tried it. Sadly it doesn't resize the graphics, it only increase the view space.

However, if you are fine with that and just want the screen to resize properly, then you can try what I did in this cap file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4714446/ResizeView.cap

I also discovered this works with or without "Unbounded scrolling" ticked so I would actually recommend that it is not ticked for your game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)