Footsteps

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
100 high-quality footsteps sounds specially crafted to help you put sound to your games
  • Hello, I'm building sound design for my game and am trying to get my character to generate footsteps. I have a bunch of 'stepping' sounds but am not sure how to sync them to my characters feet, or even how to make the system randomly pick a sound from a bank of about 10 footstep samples.

Any help would be welcome

• Have your sound play when the frame matching contact with the ground is played. So if in your animation, frame 6 is where your characters foot would hit the ground, play the sound on frame 6.

For randomization, you can use a private variable and use Random(x), with x being the number of sounds you have. Then make an event for each possible variable, and play a different sound.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fantastic, cheers.

Have your sound play when the frame matching contact with the ground is played. So if in your animation, frame 6 is where your characters foot would hit the ground, play the sound on frame 6.

For randomization, you can use a private variable and use Random(x), with x being the number of sounds you have. Then make an event for each possible variable, and play a different sound.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)