Easy way to flip sprites upside down?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Goodbye to sprite fonts, when you have something new on the anvil for your upcoming Games !
  • [SOLVED. New problem in fifth post...]

I'm playing around with gravity and want to flip them for walking on the ceiling. I COULD just manually flip them all and make new animations, buut... I'm lazy. Is there a simple way to do it that I just haven't noticed?

• There is a set animation angle and you could rotate it as well in events.

• Yeah, I was looking at those, but it doesn't seem like I can say if on ceiling, change angle to 90. Because you still walk left and right on the ceiling, meaning it would have to change angles away from 90 back to 0 and 180, right? I don't see how that can work.

Unless I made 90 and 180 "left while walking on ceiling" and "right while walking on ceiling" respectively... but that's a lot of work, which I wanted to avoid in the first place. I've got 40+ animations and rapidly increasing, I'd rather not have to manually flip 'em all!

• I think there are shaders for that..Otherwise just set the height or width to a negative value.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Had to play with the angles a little bit, but the negative value trick works like a charm. Thanks!

EDIT: New problem... When I switch the gravity to up, my character should go through all the "floor" platforms (the ones you stand on when gravity is down), but he still has to be able to collide with other objects mid-air as well as the "ceiling" platforms. I can't seem to find a good way to do this...

• You could try to switch the collision modes for the standing platforms to off when the character is upside down.And when he is right side up then switch it back on again.

• You could try to switch the collision modes for the standing platforms to off when the character is upside down.And when he is right side up then switch it back on again.

I literally tried to do that five seconds before I saw your post, but as far as I can see you can't change the collision mode of a tiled background, which most of the floor platforms are. Unless I'm completely missing something here...

• If you are using 0.99.97 you could use the Add/Remove Attribute action to enable/disable "Solid" or "Platform".

• If you are using 0.99.97 you could use the Add/Remove Attribute action to enable/disable "Solid" or "Platform".

Hah, awesome. I tried searching for that and found an old post that said it wasn't possible to remove it during runtime. Silly me assumed that was still the case. Thanks.

How does that work?.Can a attribute be disabled/enabled during gameplay?.Ah now i see very nice feature indeed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)