Deleting objects / layers

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • This may be another bug I'm experiencing, but I figure I'll post here and see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I can't seem to delete objects or layers from my project, or any project. I select the object, press del, nothing happens. I right click on it, select delete from the menu, nothing happens. Likewise with layers. Click layer, press delete, nothing. Press the garbage can icon, nothing.

A cap wouldn't really be helpful, because this happens for me with every cap I have, including tutorial ones.

• Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled construct. Problem went away. Some glitch in the install somehow?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We changed the prompt for deleting layers/objects in the latest build, so it's possible an old value was being stored and you weren't getting prompted.

Post if it happens again though.

• It did! And I figured out what was happening!

A dialogue box pops up asking if I -really- want to delete the object, along with a checkbox to "Don't ask this question again."

If this checkbox is checked, and you select "No", you will NEVER BE ABLE TO DELETE AN OBJECT AGAIN. It requires an uninstall/reinstall to get rid of the problem.

• Excellent, nice find. The UI lib we use has some issues we need to work out, then .

• Wow! Nice catch.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)