cutting an object to another layer removes it behaviors

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • is it supposed to do this? it also removes events tied to it.

• When you delete an object it removes the conditions and actions and such, and cutting is pretty much copying and deleting at the same time. If you're just moving something I'd recommend copying it and pasting it before deleting the original, that way your events and behaviors remain intact.

Maybe there could be some sort of system whereby if you cut an object, it won't "delete" the object until you either paste it or copy something else. I don't know if that would be possible though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why are you cutting from layer to layer.... You can drag an object onto the layer bar on the right hand side... It will even place it back to the same spot....

• Why are you cutting from layer to layer.... You can drag an object onto the layer bar on the right hand side... It will even place it back to the same spot....

... what

I had no idea you could do that. That's awesome

• Hey, I didn't know that either. I added this to the wiki:

[quote:2lnacxax]To move an object from one layer to another you may click on the object and drag it to the appropriate layer in the layer bar.

Is that a fair, accurate statement?

• It shouldn't remove behaviors, so I'll look into that.

Also, yes, that statement looks fine .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)