Creating Unique Copies of Sprites?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • Is there any way to copy paste sprites so that when you change one you aren't changing the other?

If something is unclear about my question I would be more than happy to clarify !

Thanks in advance.

• If you mean changing stuff like Private Variables, you can control+click sprites to copy them and manually change their variables.

Different private variables allow for different movement, etc. behaviors.

If you are talking about actual visual changes, you might need to make different sprites with different animations for that.

• If you mean changing stuff like Private Variables, you can control+click sprites to copy them and manually change their variables.

Different private variables allow for different movement, etc. behaviors.

If you are talking about actual visual changes, you might need to make different sprites with different animations for that.

Yeah, I had meant visual changes, guess I have a lot of work to do!

Thanks!

• I've thought of another thing, is there any way to have unique effects?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unique effects? Effects are unique to an instance, if that's what you mean.

• Unique effects? Effects are unique to an instance, if that's what you mean.

Sorry, I meant unique to each copy pasted sprite.

• You can copy + right click > paste clone. Its a whole new object, but with the exactly same properties of the first one at the moment of the copy.

• You can copy + right click > paste clone. Its a whole new object, but with the exactly same properties of the first one at the moment of the copy.

Thanks a ton

!

!

• If you simply want to change the appearance of the copied sprite you can also use the same sprite and just set them to use different frames.

Demonstrated nicely here:

If you need to distinguish between them in the event sheet you can pick them by animation frame.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)