Crash to Desktop while playing Music

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • No matter XAudio2, MOD, or Audiere plugin, if I load music (Wav, IT, MOD, MP3, OGG, I've tried them all) when you change layouts, the game crashes to desktop.

I've tried stopping music before layout change. I've tried pausing music before layout change. I've tried loading music in as a resource in the Resource section. The music plays in the game, just as soon as you change layouts (even with Audiere or XAudio2 set as global) the game crashes to desktop.

Any ideas?

The only thing I notice is that I have Combined Community Codec Pack installed to watch anime and when MP3s play, FFa pops up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems like it's a problem with the Math plugin. I ran the debugger and it intercepted an error:

"A crash inside a plugin's non-event code has been intercepted! This may be a bug in the plugin, or a problem in Construct. The application has exited. Available details of the location of the problem are below (this may be approximate).

Plugin: math.csx

Object Name: Math

Instance: 1 (of 1)"

After removing the Math object from the layout, it stopped crashing while having music playing. Sadness? I want Math.

• There are two types of objects, layout, and non-layout.

Does that one give you a box to move around in the layout, or does it just add it to the object bar?

• tewn fixed me up! I had the Math Plugin set as "Global" when I wasn't supposed to. Unchecking global allowed music to play and still change layouts.

Tho it's strange that you could still leave Math on "global" and change layouts so long as you didn't have any music.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)