CPU & GPU usage optimization?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I'm trying to reduce the CPU (and GPU) usage of an app I'm building, but without limiting the frame rate too much. I'd like to leave it at V-sync if possible, but I'm not sure how many other ways there are to tweak the app.

Strictly speaking, all I'm looking for is for this app to never noticeably impact the performance of any other running programs.

It's essentially a specialized clock that automatically logs the amount of time spent on various tasks, and provides a nice visualization. Being that it's a clock and logging tool, it will be running non-stop.

The application needs some of the graphical elements of the DirectX runtime, but very little beyond just animating some sprites.

Obviously, I don't really need GPU acceleration for something like this, but I'm not even sure if I can disable it. I can probably get away with knocking the FPS down to 30 without anything really noticeable changing, but I'd prefer to exhaust other options first.

Is there a way to set the application to the minimum process priority at startup for example?

Does the Process object do that? I tried using it, but it doesn't seem to change the priority, at least not in any way that I can see from the task manager.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)