Community Tile-Based Level Editor? You don't say!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Here is a simple example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/629300/tileset.cap

Note that the texture MUST be power of 2 in order for image offset to work.

Of course you can save those offsets, I'd use hashtable and string tokens, like this:

Hashtable Key: "BigBadMonster"

Hashtable Value: "128,32,64,64"

The value is a string, you can compose it like this 128&","&32&","&64&","&64

So when you read the value at key "BigBadMonster", you use the GetToken expression to get values (it is a string, so there is int() function to convert into number):

Tileset: set Width to int(GetToken(Hashtable.Value("BigBadMonster"), 3, ","))

Tileset: set Height to int(GetToken(Hashtable.Value("BigBadMonster"), 4, ","))

Tileset: set image offset to int(GetToken(Hashtable.Value("BigBadMonster"), 1, ",")), int(GetToken(Hashtable.Value("BigBadMonster"), 2, ","))

This way you get exactly what you want - the texture of 64x64 at 128x32 within TiledBackground.

You can spawn as many tiled background objects as you want ,I guess, doesn't seem to be that big of a performance hit. Or you can use the Canvas paste method. The texture remains the same, so you don't use up extra memory by using multiple instances of Tileset (TiledBackground object).

• https://sites.google.com/site/bgeatelie ... ects=0&d=1

Here I modified a little bit the file so it draws the tiles in a more grid snap way, but didn't really understand how to write and read the map created :

Also I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of this, even if we manage to make a good tile map creator, it will only be a text file that the game after started will read and then draw the scene. Unless there were a way to make the drawn map appear later on the editor...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Mipey! This is indeed much better than using sprite objects for graphic tiles, and will make selecting multiple tiles much easier.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)