Clone Layout Problem

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hello.

I have a big problem.

When i use "Clone Layout", my layout is cloned.

But the events isn't cloned.

I have tried copy and paste the event but i cant copy it.

Can you help me?

I need, please.

Thanks

• why can't you copy it?

I think when you clone a layout it should give you an option to copy the events, as I've wanted this before.

There is a bug where you can't paste events into a blank event sheet, though I keep forgetting to submit this as all you have to do is make a new event (doesn't matter what) and then click it and paste on top of that.

• You could just set the cloned layout to use the event sheet of the other layout. Just select the layout, and on the left where it shows layout properties, set the event sheet to the event sheet for the original layout. I'm not sure if you want each layout to have the exact same event sheet, but that might be what you need.

• Yep. Modularity is a good thing. Design your engine using individual event sheets, then include them as needed.

• Thing is, you won't always want the exact same events or even event sheets in each layout, and if you have say 20 event sheets and 80+ events that might change per layout you don't want to start this from scratch again. When I first realised it didn't copy the event sheet I was a little confused as well.

• Thing is, you won't always want the exact same events or even event sheets in each layout, and if you have say 20 event sheets and 80+ events that might change per layout you don't want to start this from scratch again. When I first realised it didn't copy the event sheet I was a little confused as well.

That could easily be fixed by shoving layout specific code into groups and disabling/enabling them based on what layout it is. That would also easily allow you to copy code from one layout into the other simply by copying/pasting the code into a different group.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I mean there's clearly ways around it, I don't think that would be an improvement, I'd rather have each layout with its own and a bunch of included event sheets, doesn't really matter either way though. Just pointing out sometimes you might want to copy the event sheet with the layout (which you (well, I) can by copying the events heh).

• Wel if I remember correctlyl, Ash and company have said that copying event sheets and such around is coming, so I guess it's just a matter of patience.

• Sounds reasonable, copy/pasting of event sheets has been omitted for some reason, I'll add them soon.

• Thanks for all!

Realy!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)