Clipboard object...bug?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. Suitable for casual games
  • Basically when text is available action just constantly inserts the same thing a million times into whatever i ask it to insert into, a listbox for example.

Why does it not insert it once?

• It's not triggered, it'll keep running while there's text on the clipboard.

• Ah i found a way to do it, i just copy it then empty the clipboard right away, bit messy though since it leaves the actual clipboard empty .

Is there no way to insert once then ignore till the clipboard is used again?

• Just a guess, but you could probably insert a "Trigger Once" condition into your pasting event. Can't tell for sure without seeing the CAP, though.

• The thing is there is always text available so it will just keep on pasting it into the list, as the only clipboard action to use is "text available" which of course unless i wipe the clipboard making it useless as the person would have to use the program everytime they want a clipboard item.

What it severly needs is something like an "on clipboard change" kinda thing.

• If you want to make a clipboard catcher (or just to see when new text is there) just store the clipboard text at all times in a text object or something, then have a:

Clipboard.GetText is different to StoredText.Text

• If you want to make a clipboard catcher (or just to see when new text is there) just store the clipboard text at all times in a text object or something, then have a:

Clipboard.GetText is different to StoredText.Text

Will that not be a massive drain on resource if a program running is always checking the clipboard?

And how would do i do an actual compare event?

• Not really, but you could always have an 'every X ticks' in there to make sure.

• Not really, but you could always have an 'every X ticks' in there to make sure.

Then i could easily miss one.

Seriously it needs an "on clipboard change" function.

• But it'd be exactly like doing it with events, which gives you more control over how often you want to check it.

Not really much point.

• True i guess, think i have finally got it to work how i want for the moment, sorry so sound dumb is actually my first time properly trying to use Construct heh.

• Ran into something else, i have tried this:

"ListBox.LineText(ListBox.SelectedLine)"

Which should get the text of the selected line, to which it does not?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SelectedLine returns the selected line number, you want to use LineText.

• ListBox.LineText wants an Index though? My understanding of "Index" means the number of the line wanted?

There seems to be no "get select line text", everything in construct seems to make people go the long way around?

• ListBox.LineText(ListBox.SelectedLine) ..?

Works fine, just tried it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)