changing the size of the gray

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello users.

My name is Alastair Jack. I would like to ask if you can increase the amount of "gray area" (or offscreen area) around the layout? Would you know if this possible to perform? I desire to place more objects outside the frame without crowding myself too much.

Yours sincerly, Alastair.

ps. sorry for my english, I'm from Australia.

• You can close the properties, object and right sidebars. Or just double click on the header to make them dock-able.

• that does not increase the size of the gray area, that only widens your view of the layout.

• "Control + mousewheel Zoom in/out. "

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/construct/index.php?title=Keyboard_shortcuts#Layout_editor_shortcuts

If that's not what your looking for, then your on your own, cause I don't know nothing bout changing the laws of physics.

• you could set the playarea to 10 by 10

• Hello users.

My name is Alastair Jack. I would like to ask if you can increase the amount of "gray area" (or offscreen area) around the layout? Would you know if this possible to perform? I desire to place more objects outside the frame without crowding myself too much.

Yours sincerly, Alastair.

ps. sorry for my english, I'm from Australia.

I think, that newt is right - you may zoom-in / zoom-out, so you can increase the grey area. And your layout will be in the left higher corner. The rest place are ready for your objects.

Or you may just create a new layer, insert there something that you want and - when necessary - show or hide layer to use objects from that layer.

P.S. "sorry for my english, I'm from Australia". Nice joke!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • so the answer is no, you can't increase the gray area, thanks anyway.

• CTRL + ZOOM OUT (Mousewheel) is what I think you're looking for. I'm not sure where you got "no" from.

• I think the extra layers was a pretty good idea. Plus its pretty easy to put the objects wherever you want during run time.

Might even be a cool idea for Construct 2 to have a way to hide objects via folders.

Edit:

I do get what your talking about. You basically want a way to increase the padding area which unfortunately, is the opposite of how it was built.

Hey put in a suggestion in for C2, the devs might just do it.

• I would prefer a setup similar to GameMaker to be completely honest. Objects can be defined, but don't 'exist' unless you specifically place them on the screen. When making a big game having all those objects floating in the nether is a bit distracting.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)