Cap f***-up bug

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
75 power-up sound effects; bonus and notification sounds, fanfares, harp glissandi, stabs, clock ticks, etc.
  • Error with loading: expecting class (CObj), but recieved (liesGroups)

^ Error

** It also f****** up backups and another cap.

How it happened :

1) Had some stuff in a container

2) Had some variables in the container's main object

3) Changed variables a bit

4) Accidentally deleted a containership (from properties tab, where you select what objects are part of the container)

5) Pressed ctrl-z furiously to retrieve it

6) Crash

7) Cap nuke, backup nuke and another cap (made before and saved with another filename) nuke.

• Error with loading: expecting class (CObj), but recieved (liesGroups)

^ Error

** It also f****** up backups and another cap.

How it happened :

1) Had some stuff in a container

2) Had some variables in the container's main object

3) Changed variables a bit

4) Accidentally deleted a containership (from properties tab, where you select what objects are part of the container)

5) Pressed ctrl-z furiously to retrieve it

6) Crash

7) Cap nuke, backup nuke and another cap (made before and saved with another filename) nuke.

I have solution for this:

*Don't open .cap files with "Recent Documents" - Since I don't open .cap files with "Recent Documents", I don't have problems with this

*Do backups (manually) of .cap files

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • These bugs are really difficult to fix. To help get to the bottom of this, reproducability is absolutely essential. If anybody can reliably reproduce a save error, that would help us immeasurably. SuperV, can you reproduce this with your own steps?

• I think I found the problem. This bug only happened when I used Groups. I don't know the exact steps, but it never happened when I wasn't using groups (proofs:)

* I once added a group to a non-group cap to organize it and it gave same error.

* The error I posted is about groups.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)