Canvas, so versitile, yet so annoying

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Its obvious there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed with it, but to be honest, its next to impossible to get a clear understanding of whats going on, especially with dimensions.

For example, if you just add it without doing anything, the initial frame is set in the image editor at 200 x 200, but when you click ok, it goes to 256 x 256 on the layout... wtf.

This seems to happen even if you change the size in the editor before hand. Like if I change it to 640 x 480 it goes to 1024 x 480... wut.

There also seems to be some lines made when drawing to the canvas. They seem to happen in increments of 256 for some reason.

Does anybody have a better understanding of whats going on?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Its obvious there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed with it, but to be honest, its next to impossible to get a clear understanding of whats going on, especially with dimensions.

For example, if you just add it without doing anything, the initial frame is set in the image editor at 200 x 200, but when you click ok, it goes to 256 x 256 on the layout... wtf.

This seems to happen even if you change the size in the editor before hand. Like if I change it to 640 x 480 it goes to 1024 x 480... wut.

There also seems to be some lines made when drawing to the canvas. They seem to happen in increments of 256 for some reason.

Does anybody have a better understanding of whats going on?

Yep same here, only time I can get it to stop misbehaving like that is using it for getting full screen effects like bloom. So doesn't seem to do what you mention if it's grabbing the screen. But then if you apply a layer effect, it causes it to change size again.

But the good news is Ashley mentioned a few days back that it's fixed in the next version, so YAY!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)