Background Scrolling and the Layout Object questio

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello again. RandomDood with another random question.

I am using multiple layout objects to show parts of scenes from other layouts. However when I change the scrolling rate of the layers for those layouts, they don't scroll at the rate I set in the layout objects are using.

Can someone help me?

• I remember the layout object didn't work so great/might have been buggy, can you give an example cap file?

• dropbox.com/s/gnfogztoq5w1h4w/LayoutObjScrollNoWork.cap

I made this quick example which is pretty much the issue. I have 2 layouts, layout 1 has a layout object that displays layout 2. Layout 2 has 3 layers each with objects and different scroll X rates (the darker the object the lower the layer its on) Normally a layer with a lower scroll rate would move slower than the others, but it does not show this in layout 1 with the layout object.

• Yeah, this looks like an issue in the layer object from what I can see. Is there any reason why you're using layer object to do this though? (eg: to re-use skyboxes?)

• Multiple levels that are all interconnected. I was using the Layout object to display parts of different levels/layouts and their changes in real time. And that skybox thing isn't a bad idea either.

My area of practice is art so sometimes I can get a little obsessed with getting everything to look visually perfect.

• Would anyone happen to know what formula or code the scrolling uses in the program? I could hard code the movements in directly as a work around.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could instead do this for each object:

Start of layout: object.value('offsetX') = object.X - ScrollX

Always: Set object.X to ScrollX + object.value('offsetX')

And I think that'd scroll it as you move the screen, not sure as I haven't tested

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)