Animator Problems... new user, sorry

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I was really hoping to avoid having to make a help request in my first week of learning this engine, let alone my first day. Apologies in advance for what is probably a stupid problem with a simple solution

In this video (

) at around the 41 second mark an object is selected and at the same time it appears in the Animator bar on the right hand side. From there, he explains how to use that bar to create a collision mask. Looks simple enough.

The problem I have is that nothing appears in my Animator bar when I select an object (in this case, a tree). Here's a screenie if it helps illustrate the problem. Hopefully it highlights where I'm going wrong too. http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/darkstorne/AnimatorIssue.jpg

Apologies for the simple question! I have completed a couple of basic tuts including the recommended Ghost Shooter, but the Animator bar was never used in them. Thanks for reading

• I am not sure what is going wrong there.

However, if you are wanting to have just the trunk of your tree have collisions, a good way to do that is to make the bottom piece of trunk as a separate object, with collisions, then using events create the top part of the tree(with no collisions) on top. Using events means you don't need to stuff around trying to line everything up each time you want to change something.

• Thanks for offering a work-around, it's definitely worth remembering. But if the Animator bar isn't working I'd like to try to figure out why, and how to fix it. I'm sure I'll need it in the future!

Any ideas why it isn't showing up properly? Anyone?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try clicking on "Angle: 0 (Right)" on the animator toolbar. That works for me.

-cheers

• Try clicking on "Angle: 0 (Right)" on the animator toolbar. That works for me.

-cheers

There we go, the simple fix I was expecting

Thanks for the help R0J0, and thanks again for the event tip Steven. Much appreciated!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)