Advanced Camera Zoom

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • So I'd like to have an option to view my platformer from either a regular platformer size, or from a zoomed in "Fighter" size, I can get the sizes correct using the zoom feature on the advanced camera, but the camera doesn't become any more free in terms or where it can follow the player. So it'll be a case of not being able to see part of the level or my character, simply because the zoomed camera can't move anymore than it can when zoomed out, to follow the player. Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's a thread that deals with the same problem and provides a workaround:

Also remember to use the latest version of the Advanced Camera plugin, which is 0.92b.

• Thanks for that. Updating fixed the problem perfectly. One question though, I've got a HUD layer that I'd like to keep onscreen if possible. Right now when it zooms I lose sight of my life bar. Is there anyway to prevent that layer from being zoomed by the camera?

• Thanks for that. Updating fixed the problem perfectly. One question though, I've got a HUD layer that I'd like to keep onscreen if possible. Right now when it zooms I lose sight of my life bar. Is there anyway to prevent that layer from being zoomed by the camera?

I think there is no way to specifically tell the Advanced Camera not to zoom a certain layer. However, assuming you'd do a zoom of 200%, you could at the same time set the Zoom X and Zoom Y properties of the HUD layer to 50%. That way it should still be shown correctly.

• > Thanks for that. Updating fixed the problem perfectly. One question though, I've got a HUD layer that I'd like to keep onscreen if possible. Right now when it zooms I lose sight of my life bar. Is there anyway to prevent that layer from being zoomed by the camera?

>

I think there is no way to specifically tell the Advanced Camera not to zoom a certain layer. However, assuming you'd do a zoom of 200%, you could at the same time set the Zoom X and Zoom Y properties of the HUD layer to 50%. That way it should still be shown correctly.

im pretty sure there are zoom x and y rate properties for layers, just them it to 0% and things on that layer shouldnt be affected by zoom in anyway.

• im pretty sure there are zoom x and y rate properties for layers, just them it to 0% and things on that layer shouldnt be affected by zoom in anyway.

Ah, of course. That's the much better solution. My bad.

• Perfect solution, thanks guys

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)