Advanced Camera Issue

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm using the advanced camera plugin for a little game project that I'm working on.

Basically what I'd like to happen, is to use Grid Scrolling for the majority of the game, except for when I enter a certain area, at which point I'd like the camera to zoom out.

I've managed to get this working by smoothly switching cameras as I overlap a detector sprite.

The problem is, when I walk away from it again, I'd like to switch back to the original camera, but it does some strange things.

Here's the cap: http://www.wethesqueemish.com/construct/environmentTest.cap

Head right (arrow keys) to zoom out, then left again to see the issues.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• The problem is the "crossfading" between the two cameras, while one is moving and the other is static but zoomed. This leads to different lerpings, I think. You can test this by creating a static cam at the last "main" position when switching to "zoomed" and later switch ti the newly created one instead of "main" this transition works perfectly. So maybe you should consider creating a intermediate static cam and fade from "zoomed" to "intermediate" to "main"? But there still might be a problem with transitioning from static to moving. But the zoom problem should be eliminated this way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for that.

I'll give it a go later maybe later tonight.

On a side note, is there a way to destroy a camera?

There seems to be a destroy all cameras option, but nothing for specific cams, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

Thanks again

• I managed to get it working, using a switch to a middle camera.

Was a little tricky, but I got there.

Thanks heaps for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)