Accessing fonts

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I have searched for font-related topics on these forums and since results were not clear enough, I decided to ask it here and make it clear.

Can I load fonts from directories other than Windows font folder? For example - loading it from AppPath or resource?

• I think the user needs to have them installed in the fonts folder, but I'm not sure. I haven't done anything with fonts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think they have to be installed to the windows fonts folder to work. However, coming soon we hope to have font resources implemented.

• Okay, thanks. I'm going to use installer then.

• Also keep in mind that if you do install a font (like Hideous did with Banana Flip) then Construct can't find the font unless the user logs out and logs back into Windows before running the game. I don't know what can be done about that, though.

• Also keep in mind that if you do install a font (like Hideous did with Banana Flip) then Construct can't find the font unless the user logs out and logs back into Windows before running the game. I don't know what can be done about that, though.

"FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

That's what

• Probably not much, until font resources are implemented.

I tested it on several computers which didn't have the font and it worked fine. :/

• Really? Strange. I know some people had a problem with that, including myself. It also happened with SuperV's RetroRun game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)