~~ A game like that can be do it on Scirra?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Subscribe to Construct videos now

Im trying to do a game like that for PC, without movement detection, only KeyBoard use.

Scirra can do a game like that or no?

Sorry for my bad english. I am Brazilian and my English is bad.

• Basically it can be done, yes. But the included physics behavior does not take into account the angle of a layout or layer, and I think (but I'm not sure) it's the same with the platform behavior. You would need to create your own movement (e.g. with custom movement), but then it would be no problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes it surely can! The gameplay could be compromised by the keyboard though... And I agree with tulamide, you would need to create your own movement.

• I've seen games like this done where instead of rotating the screen you just apply horizontal movement. Did you want the screen to rotate or just for the character to roll left and right when u press the arrow keys? This shouldn't be too hard to do in Construct

• I made an engine demo sort of like this where you rotate the screen to move a ball around a maze. It used physics, and changed the gravity direction to always point "down" no matter where the screen was rotated. It worked perfectly.

I'll see if I can find the thing...

Edit:

Well, I couldn't find the original, but it only took a couple of minutes to make it from scratch. It's actually really easy to do:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/529356/gravitymaze.cap

Just move the mouse left/right to tilt the maze. The important thing is that the gravityController sprite always changes it's angle to be the opposite of the layer angle. The gravityController is attached to the ball and force is applied to the ball in the direction of an image point on gravityController. Not too hard at all really, just a couple of events.

• The character will roll left and right when i press the arrows keys and will jump when i press Forward.

Im fucking noob on Construct.

I know how to make gravity but i dont know how to make random events ( plataforms ) and the screen go's down generating more and more plataforms.

Again, sorry for my bad english.

If you dont understand what i say i will try rewrite everything.

Thank you.

• I made an engine demo sort of like this where you rotate the screen to move a ball around a maze. It used physics, and changed the gravity direction to always point "down" no matter where the screen was rotated. It worked perfectly.

I'll see if I can find the thing...

Edit:

Well, I couldn't find the original, but it only took a couple of minutes to make it from scratch. It's actually really easy to do:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/529356/gravitymaze.cap

Just move the mouse left/right to tilt the maze. The important thing is that the gravityController sprite always changes it's angle to be the opposite of the layer angle. The gravityController is attached to the ball and force is applied to the ball in the direction of an image point on gravityController. Not too hard at all really, just a couple of events.

Omitting gravity and instead constantly applying force - that's such a simple yet effective solution! A very good example for such types of games, deadeye

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)