3D Boxes out of original screen don't appear

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • Okay, I started messing with the 3D Box object, but if I spawn a box that is out of the original screen (the original 800x600 (my screen size) screen starting from [0,0]), it doesn't appear. I can interact with it, but it is invisible. If the box is overlapping the original screen, even from just how far it extends off the screen, it will show. Otherwise, nope. I am using the latest version (0.99.82) too.

Edit: This was supposedly fixed a while ago, but I'm still having it happen just like the previous problem. It is listed on the bug tracker as closed: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... id=1003219

• Did you allow 3D layering for the layer the box is on?

• Yes, but that only makes sure that the top and front appear. This is the entire box.

• Is it this issue, by any chance?

• This sounds like the behaviour I reported way back in .99.6. They appear to be working in 99.80.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is unrelated to scrolling (that works fine for me in the newest version). This is where only 3D boxes overlapping or contained in the original screen resolution (the outlined area starting from 0,0) are visible. I have a .cap that demonstrates it. Is there a way to attach it to my post, or do I need to use an upload site?

• This is unrelated to scrolling (that works fine for me in the newest version). This is where only 3D boxes overlapping or contained in the original screen resolution (the outlined area starting from 0,0) are visible. I have a .cap that demonstrates it. Is there a way to attach it to my post, or do I need to use an upload site?

You can post attachments in the Uploads forum, as long as they're small. As for free hosting, the preferred method on the forum is Dropbox because you can easily post direct links. Box.net is also pretty decent.

• I uploaded the .cap here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5722

The file has an explanation in it via text objects.

• All three boxes in your example show up fine for me. You are still using 0.99.82 for this?

Edit:

I just remembered that David included a new 3D Box runtime in his 0.99.83 updates, which I am using. That's probably why it's working for me

So yeah, this is fixed in the next build, but the problem I linked to above still exists. I should probably install vanilla 0.99.82 for comparison tests...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)