1 bullet = 2 objects?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • I'm performing object counts at present to test out a few things, but I noticed that when I spawn a bullet object, it counts as 2 objects.. is that what it's supposed to do?, if so, what's causing it?

• i just tried it and i only have one object count per bullet... sure you don't have duplicate event?

edit: that was using Sprite.Count for the bullet -- it correctly counts 1 per bullet.

TotalObjects counts 2 per object (each bullet was 2, but the thing spawning bullets was also 2...)

weird

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hmm, I built a bare bones test, i'll rebuild it and upload it.

• It's correct it counts as two objects: one object is the object itself, and the behavior counts as another object (because the runtime actually instances an object for the behavior). I guess I could exclude behaviors from the count if you think that's useful?

• to me it would make sense that it's just the one object, but does everyone else think so?

anyone?

at least I know what's happening now.

• It's correct it counts as two objects: one object is the object itself, and the behavior counts as another object (because the runtime actually instances an object for the behavior). I guess I could exclude behaviors from the count if you think that's useful?

any way to just make counting behaviors optional?

• > It's correct it counts as two objects: one object is the object itself, and the behavior counts as another object (because the runtime actually instances an object for the behavior). I guess I could exclude behaviors from the count if you think that's useful?

>

any way to just make counting behaviors optional?

Yeah, make a radio button that says something like "include behaviours"... then you could check sprites/objects only, or get a full rundown of everything.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)