Ultimate Fullscreen

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
200+ Unique, Single-Frame Explosion sprites! This is the ultimate explosion sprite bundle!
  • That's what I meant earlier. In order to get the letterboxing and HUD elements to not drag behind the camera, you have to make your own scrolling events and put them before the events that position the letterboxing and HUD elements.

The problem is that if you're using magicam, putting the camera creation/setup events before the events that position the letterboxing and HUD elements doesn't do anything - they'll still drag behind the camera.

I need to find a way to get around that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I really would think about making your own camera system, if it isn't too much you want to integrate (following the player even delayed, shaking a bit, rotating, that is done in minutes; it would be grid scrolling or following more than one player sprite, and the finer details of magicam that would cause headache)

But, if you need to use magicam, I would only come up with this idea:

Place all events related to fullscreen/perfect pixel zooming/black bars/etc into a function and call that function delayed (at least by one tick; just calculate time from fps).

It's just an idea, don't know if it would work, would have to test it also.

• But, if you need to use magicam, I would only come up with this idea:

Place all events related to fullscreen/perfect pixel zooming/black bars/etc into a function and call that function delayed (at least by one tick; just calculate time from fps).

It's just an idea, don't know if it would work, would have to test it also.

Interesting.. I'll let you know how that goes :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)