Suggestions and ideas

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • new object

3d sprite (no cube) imported of ani desing program 3d type autocad, 3d studio, sketchup, etc...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ADD to Construct: ISO Grid (by Ashley Gullen (Tigerworks) )

• I have a request:

I'm trying to do something like a Visual HTML editor like Dreamweaver, NVU, Kompozer and others. But actually Construct can't do something like that without using Python scripting (well, I don't understand any row of this scripting language ).

So, how about some web plugins and object that easly help making this kind of apps ?

ps: Yeah I've tryied out HTML object but it show only html formatted text with spaces, some order. The HTTP object have a bit of browser actions but nothing more, I'm wrong?

• I would like to suggest/recommend adding in a way to either merge or at least import CAP files into other CAP files. this would make it a lot easier when working in a team, to merge each others CAPs into a main project. Not exactly sure how that would work, but that's you guys job!

"I don't know mate, I just work here."

~Sol

• yeah, merging would be nice, but i think at the least, copying events into other .cap files and layouts is a missing necessity.

• First, some of us really need a SLIDER BAR ... and that's not ridiculous... you know thats a good way to adjust sound for any games... I know that you're working hard to fix bugs... but a slider bar is an easy plugin to build... Anyway i would'nt know why u could'nt listen at my suggestions if you are really working at making your app better!

• First, some of us really need a SLIDER BAR ... and that's not ridiculous... you know thats a good way to adjust sound for any games... I know that you're working hard to fix bugs... but a slider bar is an easy plugin to build... Anyway i would'nt know why u could'nt listen at my suggestions if you are really working at making your app better!

Slider bars are doable with 3 or 4 events.

• Hm,so I was messing around with time delta again but, as seems to always be the case, I was never satisfied with the smoothness of motion at sub 60 FPS. Then it occured to me, that the sturring frame rate under load tended to jump around a bit which cased the skip. If I used v-sync overrided at an amount around my average expected FPS it was very playable and smooth with no 'skips'. So instead of these issues necessarily "being my fault" or my code(though I'm sure it only makes the problem worse!) it is instead just a natural effect of inconsistent framerate.

So my suggestions!

First, for the average user, I think some sort of time delta 'smoothing' option would be nice, which would simply prevent sudden drops in time delta ( say, using the average of the last 60 frames, so that sudden 10 FPS dip doesn't make things look terrible). I'd also like to do this my self in time ovrride but would need some features to do it.

Mainly Get_FPS (I could of sworn this was in there! if it isn't I can't find it. Get_RefreshRate would be good too because then I could set the timescale to match the game speed for the player on different refresh rates to get consistent speed. I would still like 'Set DeltaTimeOverride" for organizational purposes but of course that be low priority.

Also in the realm of controlling all these things -- would it be possible to have options to turn V-Sync on and off? V-Sync gives some players trouble or causes an FPS hit they can't afford. It would be nice to be able to have an option to let the player decide. I for one never play with V-sync because I like frame rate more in the games I tend to play -- granted once I get my new machine working that'll change (since I won't be strapped for power ), but I know alot of players are in my position.

Granted this might not be possible for all I know, nor would it be high priority since I don't think anyone is even near completing a finished game.

So yeah, come on! Make Time Override an AWESOME POWER USER option by helping users take control of frame rate/game speed more.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my mouse pressing the IGNORE button.

Slider bars are doable with 3 or 4 events.

Yeah I saw you made some of those for your game... would it be too much to ask if you post a cap in uploads as to how that works? They would be super handy!

~Sol

• > Slider bars are doable with 3 or 4 events.

>

Yeah I saw you made some of those for your game... would it be too much to ask if you post a cap in uploads as to how that works? They would be super handy!

~Sol

There ya' go!

• I'd really like to see the ability for rotating layers to also effect the collision mask of the layers. It'd be sweet as hell to let the stage be able to rotate around the player, Super Castlevania style!

• I'd really like to see the ability for rotating layers to also effect the collision mask of the layers. It'd be sweet as hell to let the stage be able to rotate around the player, Super Castlevania style!

What? Does it not do that? Because I'm working on a rotating maze game that works just fine.

• Not between different layers! At least to my knowledge.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missed something because I just tried this.

• I would like to suggest/recommend adding in a way to either merge or at least import CAP files into other CAP files. this would make it a lot easier when working in a team, to merge each others CAPs into a main project. Not exactly sure how that would work, but that's you guys job!

"I don't know mate, I just work here."

~Sol

YES!

Also, I think an "auto-crop" option for imported animations would be a god-send.

instead of mindlessly going into each frame and hitting crop, a button could be added right next to the hot spot buttons...

• instead of mindlessly going into each frame and hitting crop

Alt+crop?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)