Suggestion for Ball behaviour + a physics bug

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • and on top of all that, the one thing that would be almost finish off the ball movement, as this example shows, is something a little more realistic than the current way if it bounces off something that hits it from behind...

http://www.mediafire.com/?arrvjeumvri <-- See

• Change Sprites attribute to Solids, mark the "Bounce off solids" and delete the collision event. It works now.

• If i do it that way, only ONE of the ball objects bounces, what happens if you roll one ball slowly and then roll another ball faster into it?

the fast ball does indeed bounce off the slow ball, but the slow ball doesn't just continue on its merry way as though nothing happened.

What i was trying to point out in my example is that the bounces for the ball behaviour only seem to work well if it hits something, not if something hits it.

It's not an entirely huge problem, but a ball behaving like a ball would be cool you know, newton's cradle and all that

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If i do it that way, only ONE of the ball objects bounces

lol both bounces.

what happens if you roll one ball slowly and then roll another ball faster into it?

Bug report it.

• They will only both bounce if they collide when going opposite directions, if they collide whilst going the same direction it looks weird, which was my whole point

• To emphasise my point, from the example i posted, try making the faster object a solid and delete the collision event

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)