Stingy Event Editor

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Sometimes it is extremely difficult to reorder things in the event editor by dragging them. I usually end up copying and pasting or just inserting entirely new subevents, because dragging them can really be a hassle with you have subevents or subsubevents and Construct can't decide where it wants to put what you're currently dragging (or sometimes decides that it should only go in one place and not any others). Are there any plans to improve this? It seems like the acceptable zone for placement is only a pixel thick sometimes.

• Agreed, a hairs width can be annoying.

• Perhaps an opaque 'tape' which would show where the event would be inserted (marking the affected events, which would be pushed aside)?

• Perhaps an opaque 'tape' which would show where the event would be inserted (marking the affected events, which would be pushed aside)?

there is a black line that shows where itll be inserted, but yes i do agree that sometimes its difficult to move things around

• Yep, this has annoyed me before too, it's Davo's area to fix though.

• I know, sometimes the placement boundary can be 1 pixel thick. You're there for like a minute trying to not let it slip out.Would it be safe to use the 'Davo Howler' classification (on the bug tracker) for this bug?

• It's not really a bug, a lot of programs can be stingy with drag/drop, it'd just be nicer if it was a bit larger.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's only the way it is because David is a freakin' sniper with his mouse... watch some of his YouTube vids... he's like, one... with the mouse... or something.

~Sol

• I second making the editor less stingy. It has been a source of great frustration moving events around sometimes.... I have gotten the hang of it after awhile and am nowhere as frustrated with it now... but at one point...

• dont think I can be bothered changing the way it works atm

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)